You are hereChristmas Books / Reply to comment
Reply to comment
I received some really good books for Christmas from various people, and I am really excited about reading this year. I also bought Courtney a couple of good books.
Here is the list:
- Resident Aliens: Life in the Christian Colony by William H. Willimon, Stanley Hauerwas
- Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Francis Chan
- The Gift of Being Yourself: The Sacred Call to Self-Discovery by David G. Benner
- Viral Loop: From Facebook to Twitter, How Today's Smartest Businesses Grow Themselves by Adam L. Penenberg
- Manhood for Amateurs: The Pleasures and Regrets of a Husband, Father, and Son by Michael Chabon
- Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope that Matters by Timothy Keller
- The Gospel in a Pluralist Society by Lesslie Newbigin
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- Business for the Glory of God: The Bible's Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business by Wayne Grudem
- The Reason For Sports: A Christian Fanifesto by Ted Kluck
- The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment by Tim Challies
I receive a particular satisfaction and joy when I actually do the things I say I think are valuable. Reading is one of those things where I often miss this particular satisfaction. Nevertheless, with this new selection, you should be seeing a particular kind of smile on my face.
Resident Aliens is my first read, and I am already half way through it. I'll reading Parenting Without Perfection next for Courtney. I am not sure what is next.
If you read this and see me in person, ask me about how my books are going if you want to get into a long conversation.